Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Ain't As Good As I Once Was...

Toby Keith wrote a song a few years back that kind of summed up how I feel right now... Let me explain... Being that this is 'spring break' for my students - we opted to go out and enjoy the beautiful 78 degree day and play Ultimate Frisbee... Now - I'm not talking about just gingerly throwing the disc around - I mean 'Ultimate Frisbee'... We ran - we jumped - we fell - and laughed a lot... Maybe that's why my side hurts...

Like always - we played much longer then I originally planned... What I anticipated being an hour workout turned into a 2 hour 'Battle Royale'... It was a blast, though... Everyone included each other in the game... All touched the Frisbee (notice I didn't say, "catch the Frisbee") and had a great time...

I grew up fairly athletic and enjoyed playing a variety of sports that I, normally, had marginal success at... Even at 30 - I still like to do my best... Unfortunately - like Toby Keith - I ain't as good as I once was... So my body may not be happy - but the memories with my students playing Ultimate Frisbee makes it all worth it... Now - if I can only get up!

1 comment: