Monday, July 13, 2009

Consistently Inconsistent

I have recently discovered that the life of a 'blogger' can go through seasons... Those seasons can be a Spring of creativity and blogging daily- The Fall of equipment failure(i.e. no internet, or computer malfunctions) - a bitter Winter spent snuggled up next to your mac or pc hoping for warmth and communication from somewhere - or maybe even a Summer drought where most of your blogging time is spent tapping your fingers and hitting the 'backspace' key...

I am currently going through a season where I can't find time to consistently blog... I've been on the go since the end of May and haven't stopped since... A week here - a week there... And I'll be honest - I miss it... I truly enjoy this idea of putting down random thoughts... I don't even know if anyone truly reads this jargon on a regular basis or not... But it's great for me... Like many folks today - I'm not the greatest at getting out what's 'on my mind'... I find that I keep things in order to: 1) Keep the peace 2) Avoid looking stupid... But here - in this billowing 'Blog World' - I can let my mind unload a little... It's very 'freeing'...

As American's - we talk a great deal about being 'free'... "The Land of the free and the home of the brave," right..? While it appears that we have our physical 'freedom' - at times we are still in captivity in our own minds... Our spirit still feels chained up and weighed down - like there's no hope for us... Our sin and our guilt have us 'shackled' to our past... But you know what - you can be 'free'... You most certainly can... Jesus said in John 8:36, "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."

It doesn't matter what season of life you are going through right now - God has the means and the desire to pull you out of any pit and draw you to His side - to the place where true freedom is...

No comments:

Post a Comment