Friday, July 17, 2009

Here I Go Again

Obviously - you will be hard pressed to find a better decade of music than the 80's... Granted - fashion was not at its 'highest' point during those 10 years (okay - spilling into the 90's, as well - TIGHT ROLLERS!!!) but it was a time of rockin' music... Artists like Def Leopard and Bon Jovi were bringing powerful anthems left and right in complete stereo... And who didn't want to have "Nothin' But A Good Time" with Brett Michaels..? One of the more 'catchier' songs of that era was by a group named 'Whitesnake' titled "Here I Go Again"... The chorus takes the title, but adds, "on my own - Duhn Duhn - Going down the only road I've ever known - Duhn Duhn - Like a drifter I was born to walk alone - Duhn Duhn Duhn... Can any of you finish the line..?

Anyways - I too am off and going, again... I'm not going alone, though... I'm heading out with 31 other students and adults to the East Coast... We are off to do some mission work in the greater Boston area... We will be working on houses and serving people who can't help themselves... There will be elderly, disabled, or low income families... It's always a blessing to know that we can help out those in need... But you know what the best part is, though - Pleasing Jesus with our service... Paul said in Acts 20:35, "In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' "

It is true... The reward is far greater to give to someone in need than it is to receive EVEN MORE... You know it's true... If it's not - Ask yourself this question, "Why isn't it?"

And - yet again - I find myself gone for another week away from any computer... But I leave you Bloggerites with this thought... Here I go again on my own? No way - I'm never alone - God is always with me...

"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." (Psalm 139:7-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment