Thursday, July 2, 2009

Is It Worth It?

I'm not sure if any of you have ever noticed how difficult it is to go out of town... Whether it's for business or pleasure - it's very challenging to get your (already dysfunctional) life in order enough so you can escape your normal 'day to day' life for a short escape... I've felt this in different environments... I've experienced it in the school system where I would be going to a conference or have to use one of my 'sick days' and prepare for a sub... That was always FAR MORE work than my normal work day... You have to plan ahead and actually - PREPARE!!! Who does that..?

Today - I'm doing that, as well... But this time - it's for 'pleasure'... My wife and I are going to be traveling to meet my side of the family for a week of vacationing and 'fun in the sun'... I believe that it's of the utmost importance that all of us 'get away' every now and then - so for you "work-a-holics" - GET OFF YOUR COMPUTER AND LIVE A LITTLE!!!

However - as in teaching - I am having to think and plan WAY ahead... And I'll be honest - I'm not very good at that... Oh, don't get me wrong - I'm improving by leaps and bounds... But still not great... It's so difficult for me to 'walk away' from the things that are normally under my control and trust others with that responsibility... Even though I know I won't be able to control the situation - I know it will be great - God's still on His Throne...

"The LORD has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all." (Psalm 103:19)

So - is it worth the strenuous planning to get away and (at times) find rest for our 'weary souls' (and bodies) - Of course it is... Sometimes - God wants us to let go of the things that are standard or normal - dare I say, "mundane" - in our lives so He can refresh us and give us a new perspective on what He has for us... Worth it - YOU BET!!! Now - does anybody have any spf 30?

No comments:

Post a Comment