Saturday, August 1, 2009

Where'd It Go?

It's amazing to me that the older I get - the faster time seems to go by... I know that sounds cliche, but it's true... For example - What happened to July..? Where'd it go..? I don't know, actually... I think I remember some events transpiring during the 7th month of our calendar year... My mom used to tell me to keep a journal during July because it will sneak away on you... You know what - she was right...

I don't know if it has something to do with the fact that I had our vacation, a week of vbs, a mission trip, or planning for our baby to arrive or not - but it went by FAST!!! I didn't keep a journal, though... I hardly have had time to blog... Bummer... But I have memories from July, though - however fast it went... I grew more in love with my wife... I improved relationships with friends and made new ones... I got to spend a week with my family... I ate my favorite ribs on the planet, a juicy filet mignon topped with bernaise and lump crab meat (stop salivating), and (recently) got my 'lobster roll'... Delicious cuisine aside - I also got to travel and serve my God... That was extremely rewarding...

I think one of the coolest things, though - is that I was one month closer to seeing my son for the first time... I've heard his heart beat - I've seen the ultra sounds - I've even seen his nose in 4D... But I can't wait to meet him - face to face... I can't wait for him to come home... Maybe that's why I let July go by so fast...

It's neat how God takes our emotions and our feelings and lets them display how He feels about us... I'm so excited about seeing my son that I had a small part in creating, but God is even more stoked than I am... He created me - and He created you...

Psalm 139:13-15 - "13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place."

I thought I was excited... But that's one excited 'Daddy'...

No comments:

Post a Comment