Friday, December 18, 2009

Hustle Bustle

One of the aspects Christmas that tiptoes the line of "love & loathe" is the busyness of the season... Many would call it the "hustle bustle"... Between parties, family get-together's,  Christmas programs, worship services, shopping, and cookie baking - The calendar can fill up pretty quick... I have found that to be true in my life, at least... I, for one, enjoy the 'h & b' of Christmas... I like to be active and making memories... My wife, on the other hand, would just assume sit at home with me and the boy and watch tv... I don't think either one is wrong or right - but I think a healthy dose of both is what we should all strive for...

I found this out when I looked at the calendar on my phone and saw that there was one day when there wasn't an evening event for me... ONE DAY! I had rehearsals, Band practices, Small groups, Dinner parties, Family pictures... It is non-stop! But - I've got a lot of memories now and I wouldn't change a thing... I had my first family Christmas pictures with my wife and son... I've gotten to spend time with my friends and co-workers... I've been able to spend time getting to know my students better at our rehearsals and groups... Now - granted - another blink and I'll be in January - but I'm going to enjoy it while my eyes stay open... So I'm going to keep going on and enjoy every moment of every day... I'm not getting December in 2009 back ever again - So I continue on...

No comments:

Post a Comment