Saturday, December 19, 2009

'Til There Was You

I am not known to be a huge fan of weddings... Now that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy some and think they are important - but I'm not one that desires to go to 20 a year... Unless you are involved with the wedding, or are ridiculously close to the bride and/or groom - it's uncomfortable... You know what I'm talking about - They let your row out and what do you do? Do shake hands? Do you hug? Do you graciously walk by because you have no idea who they are? Like I said - "UNCOMFORTABLE"!

Today was a different story, though... For starters - I played keys at it... I always enjoy doing that for people to make their day special, but this was for a good friend of mine... This friend and I have been friends over the past 5 years when we were in small group and have been close ever since... And this friend had an interesting story... He had - like many of us - given up on love... After several bouts with being 'shot down' by several young ladies - my friend was getting discouraged... He was a great guy with a great heart - but he felt like there was something wrong with him... He felt as I did at one point in time: "Would I be alone?"

Over the past year, though - a great change took place... He met a girl - a wonderful girl that has changed his life... They enjoy being together - they support each other... It's so sweet to see them developing in their relationship all the time... It seems as if they were meant for each other... That God had a plan - and even though it looked like it would never happen - (Like always) He pulled through... They looked so happy today as they went through the ceremony... It almost felt like a scene from the Music Man - or for you Adam Sandler buffs - the Wedding Singer: "There were birds all around but I never heard them singing... No I never heard them at all 'til there was you."

1 comment: