Saturday, June 13, 2009

Good News From Afar

Nothing brightens up your day like a dose of good news... You know - when you hear something that just brings an uncontrollable smirk to your face... It seems to be so joyful when you hear a report that people you care about are doing well and exciting things are happening... For example - you find out that your best friend is getting married... Or you get a call from your brother saying 'round 2 is on the way'... You can't help but become intoxicated with the adrenalin of the moment...

Today, for example - I found out that my family is embarking on a new endeavor... They have taken the plunge and are 'cannon-balling' in to the world of commercial business... Now mind you - They've been talking about this for years - so much that I've always began to roll my eyes and think such things as, "yeah right" or "when pigs fly"... But it appears it's going to happen... Now -0ne might think that one's family would inform them of such a venture, but in my case - I found out in my mother's blog... I know - I'm blogging about something in a blog! Watch out!!!

"Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land." (Proverbs 25:25)

I found that a bit strange - but if you know my family - "strange" isn't very foreign... But you know what - it doesn't matter... I'm still very excited for them... You know why - because they are going to do great... They have the giftings, the education, the experience, and the determination to make it into a great success... Whether they chose to inform me of their good news, or not doesn't change the fact that it remains 'good news'...

But you know what the BEST 'Good News' is..? The GOSPEL (good news) of Jesus Christ... The fact that we can all be saved from our sins and an eternity separated from God... Jesus dying on the cross took care of that for us... All we have to do is accept and follow Him...

"While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)

If you ever find yourself at a time when 'good news' is in short supply - Remember that - and that smirk will turn into a soar face... (From smiling, of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment