Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Planning Your Battles

It's often been said that we should always "pick our battles"... It's best not to fight every battle - especially when there doesn't seem to be a peaceful resolution to follow, or ANY resolution at all for that matter... But isn't it strange, though, that at times we feel this natural yearning in every fiber of our being to "pick a fight" and attempt to resolve things our own way - 'Mano y Mano'... (I know - I know - I'm busting out the multi-lingual stuff...) Well - figuratively speaking, of course... I don't condone violence and believe (most of the time) there are better ways of handling sticky situations... But we feel that if we would just 'speak our peace', or 'tell em' off' that we'd feel so much better... If any of you have ever tried that before - you are already aware of what my next sentence will be... IT DOESN'T WORK!!! Seldom does the idea of "speaking your mind" and giving them "what fer" ever resolve things totally, or peacefully... It just doesn't... It's normally a complete reactionary response in an attempt to make ourselves feel better immediately... And people - the success rate is slim... And I mean slim...

It's not our place all the time to make people understand, or to even rectify every situation... In our battles - it's not us we should be depending on to make things right or to 'settle the score'...

"The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the LORD." (Proverbs 21:31)

I know it's dfficult to fathom that God will ACTUALLY deal with our stuff in His own time - but I assure you He will... And don't just take my word for it - I'm just relaying what He said... God, at times, will use your physical stature to defend and protect you and your loved ones from attack or snares... But in the end - The Big Picture - The real battle has nothing to do with what you see on the surface... "we don't fight against flesh, but against evil spirits (principalities)"... So - if you're in the thick of that 'rumble' - Do you want to go 'mano y mano' or do you want God to step in the ring..? That's what I thought...

"Through you we push back our enemies; through your name we trample our foes. I do not trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory; but you give us victory over our enemies, you put our adversaries to shame." (Psalm 44:5-7)

No comments:

Post a Comment