Sunday, August 2, 2009

Into The Unknown

It seems there has been a great deal of appeal in television shows that keep their viewers guessing... Shows that can even be - at times - down right confusing... I think of the show LOST when I ponder this type... The passengers on Oceanic Flight 'whatever' always seem to have new twists on the island... Not to mention the random jumps in time backwards and - even more confusing - future... I didn't start off watching the show from the beginning... My wife and I tried to catch on during the 3rd season - but soon realized we were too far 'lost'... I know - I'm hilarious! Tonight I saw a show that struck the same note with me... It wasn't about passengers on a plane that went down in the Pacific, but about astronauts going into space... None of which are sure why they were selected to go on this particular 'mission', but they are all excited to be there... Much like LOST - they have flashbacks and 'flash forwards' that leave the viewer both confused and intrigued... What's going to happen next..? Well - I guess I'll have to tune in next week, huh...

The same is true with our spiritual walk with Christ, too... We know some important information... We know that Jesus is the son of God - that He died for us - rose again - and sits at the right hand of the Father... We know that only His blood washes away our sins and because of Him we can spend eternity in Heaven... But there's a number of factors we don't know... We don't necessarily know what our 'plan' is... We don't exactly know what God has in store for us... We don't know where we'll end up or how He is going to use us in His ministry... But we do know that He has great plans for each one of us... "Plans to prosper and not to harm us - give us hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11)... That's encouraging to know even if the future is unknown...

That's enough to keep me tuned in for another week... How about you..?

No comments:

Post a Comment