Friday, May 30, 2014

A Better Way

Often times I want things to go my way, in my time, with my desired outcome. Maybe that's why I've always enjoyed Burger King and their motto 'have it your way' (which I literally just heard they might be ditching…) I even find myself telling God things like, "Nah I don't think so…" or "What's taking you so long?!" or "That's the best You got? What about my ideas? My time frame?" I'm sure that I'm the only person that does that, though. Ha

The Bible says in Isaiah 55:8 (NLT) "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts, And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine."


So if if that's true - why do I put so much stock in my own plans? Why do I mope and whine when things don't work out the way I want them to? Because… I'm spoiled. It's true! I feel as if I'm entitled to something special because of who I am. I deserve more. I deserve better. Doesn't God and everyone else know who I am?! Oh… I guess they do… Truth be told - aside from Christ - I'm nothing… I'm nobody of any importance. I'm nothing special. I don't deserve for God to listen to me or show me any favor. And yet - He always takes care of me far better than I deserve. When I should have found death - He gave me life abundant. When I should have stayed hurt - He brought healing. When I should have been broke - He gave me more than enough to meet my needs and the needs of my family. If my Heavenly Father takes care of me like that - Can't I, at least, trust His timing and plans?

So this week - I'm going to try to get my thoughts and prayers off of my own ways and seek out His better ways… "Thy kingdom come - Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven…"


No comments:

Post a Comment