Thursday, May 1, 2014

Has It Really Been That Long?

Has it really been that long? I guess it has! It would seem 3 years has gone by since my last post. I didn't mean for that to happen. Life gets busy, you add another kid, and you get in the habit of 'not' doing something. Well that was me and blogging. Well I have decided to get back on the horse. I always enjoyed the 'blogging' world as it gives me a chance to collect my thoughts for the day + it allows me the opportunity to hit the backspace key, too.

Sometimes we like to just speak our minds without editing it first. Some call it 'verbal vomit.' That often times gets us into trouble. I know it does with me and my wife, at least. I can't imagine loving anybody more than I do her, but I'm still able to say mean and hateful things to her if I react quickly and say the first thing that comes out of my mouth. Just last week we got into a heated discussion and I was saying things that 'weren't me' - and I felt TERRIBLE! That's not how I'm to speak to anyone - especially not my wife. I wish I had a backspace key on my mouth so that only the good stuff actually came out.

Paul writes in Ephesians 4:29 - "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

So maybe next time I can pause - hit the backspace key - remember that Scripture - and speak in a way that loves others and honors God.


No comments:

Post a Comment