Tuesday, May 27, 2014

To Those Who Wait

As Americans - we hate to wait for anything. We hate waiting in lines to checkout, we hate waiting for food, we hate waiting for our coffee, we hate waiting for our spouses. We just hate waiting! And some of us have an amazing gift to wait long no matter what! My wife and I are two of those. We can be at WalMart ready to check out. We'll pick the shortest lane to get into and bypass the long one and - at almost a 92% success rate - we will be in line longer than the other lane. I don't know why - we're just supposed to wait, I guess.

We go to restaurants and we'll be at the one table that the servers aren't sure who has it - and then none of them will come to the table and find out who's at fault - so we wait… and wait… and get up and leave… We're just supposed to wait, I guess. 

I could go on, and on - but to make a long story short - God just wants to work on our patience, I guess. We're just supposed to learn how to wait.

While I hate to wait - there are some things in this world worth waiting for. A piece of Giordanno's pizza… Funnel cakes at the fair… Mr. Freeze at Six Flags (depending on the temperature)… But more than anything - the right spouse that God has provided for us. I feel very blessed to have married my wife. I thank the Lord that I didn't have to wait too long for her - but even if I had to - she'd be worth it…

I had the pleasure and privilege of attending a friend and co-worker's wedding this past Saturday. It was a beautiful ceremony. He looked handsome - his bride looked absolutely stunning - and it was a gorgeous day to celebrate this marriage. Unlike a lot of couples, though, who get married in their young 20's - but this was not like that… He didn't wait for his late 20's like I did… He didn't wait for his 30's… He was in his 40's when got married (I'm a little foggy on the exact age, but you get the idea). He didn't want to make the wrong choice. He didn't want to make a big mistake and marry the wrong person. He waited… and waited… and waited… And God finally brought him his bride. He is proof that good things come to those who wait. 

So as you're waiting on an answer from God - know that He is going to bring you good things. It may not be in your time table - but He is going to bring it… And when He does- you'll also be proof that good things come to those who wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment