Friday, May 15, 2009

Another Man's Garbage

This is a very exciting weekend for me... We decided to have a Family Worship Weekend at our church... Now for most of you that doesn't sound like that big of a deal... But for me and my students that are involved with my ministry - it is... Most weekends we have our own service in our student center... We have our own worship time, teaching, games, and slushies... But this week we have bypassed our student service to join the rest of the body in a weekend of combined worship... "How good and pleasant it is when we dwell together in unity..." (Psalm 133:1)

The excitement doesn't end there, though... As a 'special element' for this weekend's service - we decided to add in some "Stomp-esque" percussion mumbo jumbo... IT IS SO MUCH FUN!!! We are banging on hubcaps, bicycle tires, trash cans, buckets, pan lids, exhaust pipes, washboards... Who knew 'trash' could be so much fun... It took me back to my days of goofing around with my music students bangning on stuff... Except this time - we were doing it for Jesus...

It's sad to me, though, that there are probably going to be some that are not going to feel the same way about the addition... They will probably feel it's too loud, or doesn't belong in "The Church"... Well - I don't agree with that... In all things (Including rhythmic activites) I'm going to offer them up to my God... The God that's pleased when I go all out to show my love for Him... If you don't agree - READ PSALMS!!!

" 1 Praise the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens. 2 Praise him for his acts of power;praise him for his surpassing greatness. 3 Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre, 4 praise him with tambourine and dancing, praise him with the strings and flute, 5 praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals. 6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD..." (Psalm 150)

1 comment: