Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Life in 4-D

Today was a cool day... For starters - it was "the day the LORD has made" - SO - "let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24) It was also my wife's birthday... I would be in trouble if I told you how old she is now - but I can tell you that my wife does really enjoy her birthday... If it were up to her it would be a National Holiday, where all humanity would celebrate her birth with brightly wrapped presents and plenty of birthday cake... However - It is celebrated only by her family and friends... Oh, well...

But I think my wife had one of the coolest birthday presents ever, though... We had her birthday party at the doctor's office to see our unborn son in '4-D'!!! Now hold on, people... I said, "4-D"... I would explain to you exactly what that means, but I honestly don't know... What I do know - is that we saw our son and it was COOL... We saw his nose - his lips - his ears - his little hands and fingers - his feet... We even saw his little heart beating... AMAZING!!! To think - I got to see my son while he was still in the womb... What a privilege... I'm not the only one that gets to do that, though... Somebody else saw him - saw me - and saw you before we were ever born...

"For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. " (Psalm 139:13)

God formed each one of us... He knows every physical trait we have - down to the number of hairs on our heads (which for me is a lot!) I think that makes each and every one of us pretty special... So - in case nobody's told you today - you're special!!!

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." (Psalm 139:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment