Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Day Off

How sweet is it to ACTUALLY have a day off... Not a day when you stay at home and work, or a 'day off' to be sick... But a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L day to do things you want to do... It's a rare thing - But a good thing, none the less... God knows that - Hence the whole 'Sabbath Thing'...

Today my wife and I got to spend this gorgeous day together... We slept in - ate cinnamon rolls that my wife had prepared - went to Wal-Mart (okay that wasn't so cool) and Lowe's - And spent the day at home together... We even watched this ridiculous show that made us both laugh until we cried... HILARIOUS!!!

But as this day began to progress, I started to wonder why we didn't do this more often..? Why don't my wife and I take more time just to 'chill'... Our busy schedules for starters - but also the fact that saying, "I love you" or "Will you marry me" seems to be a whole lot easier than that 2-letter curse word - "NO"... For whatever reason - It's very difficult to say, "no" to anyone for any reason these days... But I think it's important that we all learn to...

I believe it's extremely Godly to put other people's needs first... "No greater love than for a man to lay his life down for his friends..." But sometimes we need to remember that we need to "love others like we love ourselves"... If we don't love ourselves (and take care of our health, relationships, spiritual needs) how can we tend to the needs of others - effectively, at least..?

So - in case nobody has told you today - "NO"... Now - You try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment